About the Patient Participation Group
The RPC Clay Cross Patient Participation Group (PPG) was founded in April 2008 and membership is open to all patients registered with the practice at the two surgeries of Clay Cross and Grassmoor.
We are affiliated to the National Association of Patient Participation.
New members are welcome particularly from underrepresented groups such as young people and patients registered at Grassmoor who have recently transferred to the RPC Clay Cross practice.
The aims of the PPG are:
- To build a relationship between the practice staff and patients to improve communication leading to open, constructive discussion on the level of service provided.
- Sharing of information relating to new developments and ideas with patients.
- To give constructive patient opinions and views.
- Considering the effect on patients of proposed changes within the NHS.
- Sharing best practice with other PPGs particularly, those within the area covered by Hardwick Clinical Commissioning Group.
- Ensuring Hardwick CCG is aware of patient issues and concerns.
- Assisting with the annual Patients Survey and the implementation of any actions identified.
In summary the PPG should make stronger the relationship between patients and the practice which is critical to the provision of high quality general practice for all patients.
For more information about PPGs see www.napp.org.uk